Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

R.I.P. Dom DeLuise


Dom DeLuise was a big part of my childhood, and it always sad when someone who gave you so much joy passes. I loved Burt Reynolds and Mel Brooks films and Dom DeLuise appeared in many of their movies. He also had a great voice and did very well later doing voice over work. Here are my favorite Dom DeLuise films that I grew up with.
Blazing Saddles(1974)
The End(1978)
Hot Stuff(1979)Which he also directed. Whoever thought Dom would outlive Jerry Reed and Suzanne Pleshette?
Smokey and The Bandit II(1980) Yea it's bad, but I've seen it a hundred times.
History Of The World Part I(1981) Greatest Roman Emperor ever!
The Cannonball Run I and II(1981,84) Gotta love Captain Chaos, arguably his best role.
Johnny Dangerously(1984)
Favorite Voice Over Work
The Secret of NIMH(1982)-His Jeremy character is good comic relief in a very dark film.
Spaceballs(1987)-Pizza The Hut needed his own movie.

These aren't the best films in the world,but I've seen all of them many times and they all in one way or the other did influence me. He was 75.

No comments:

Post a Comment